Monday 15 April 2013

Stairwell Cinema



Stairwell Cinema is a project that was created to offer some answers to a couple of questions,


What is architecture?

How can we interact with architecture?

I posed this question to several people including myself with the stipulation that the response be in the form of a film. I see the resulting program as series of different perspectives. The project doesn't and shouldn't seek to offer definitive answers to the questions. I would say the aim is to show that there isn't a definitive answer. 

For me, what is important are the questions and the practice of questioning. By asking questions such as the ones above we begin to expose possibilities, we begin to expose the plasticity. We ask the question 'What could it be?' and then realise it could be many things, it could be a stairwell or it could be a cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment